cron visual output looks funny

Hi,

I installed and use cron on windows xp using cygwin. It works fine for non-GUI applications, but for instance notepad does not seem to start at all. And a popup-window-script I wrote in python does appear and react to userinput, but is not displayed correctly, as I can not see a button on the window (although it fires the associated action, when being pressed). I configured the cron service to be able to interact with the desktop and tried to find an answer to my question on the net/FAQ/Mailinglist but could not find more than the hint to somehow configure the environment for cron. I set "DISPLAY=:0" as it is suggested in the ubuntu-wiki to start GUI-apps from cron. I also used a system-owned-shell to install cron with cron-config, but this did not seem to work out:
"""
The group membership of your cron table file should be ADMINISTRATORS.
Here is your cron table file listing:
-rw-r----- 1 SYSTEM Administratoren 332 2010-05-02 14:05 /var/cron/tabs/SYSTEM
This rule does not apply if the daemon runs with nontsec.
You can change the group membership setting with:
chgrp 0 /var/cron/tabs/SYSTEM
Please change your cron table's group membership.
"""
So my question is, how do I configure cygwin and cron, so that cron can start and display GUI-applications correctly?

Sorry if I understood something wrong and annoy you, but I am new to cygwin and cron and I really tried to solve the problem by myself for quite some time.

I appreciate your help,
Johannes Müller