Re: Running old cygwin.dll under Windows 7

> On 4/15/2010 6:26 PM, Hussein Patwa wrote:
>>> On 4/15/2010 5:56 PM, Hussein Patwa wrote:
>>>
>>> If reported problems before the release of 1.7 were any indications,
>>> you'll
>>> find running 1.5 on Windows 7 a sub-par experience.  I myself haven't
>>> been
>>> interested in trying it.
>>
>> Even if the experience is sub par, I just need the program I'm using to
>> be
>> able to use the old cygwin dlls.  It's a self-contained application but
>> has old cygwin dll dependences.
>
> What are those dependencies?  Have you tried it with the current
> cygwin1.dll?

Hi,

Well, the problem is now sorted.  whereas I didn't find a way to run the
old cygwin 1.5 under Windows 7, I did find another version of the utility
I was using which contains just the specific dlls necessary for the
program to run, specifically cygwin1.dll and crypto-0.9.8.dll.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions - I do appreciate you taking the time
to respond.