Re: Bash window restoration after man in MS Vista.

On 04/13/2010 09:13 AM, Csaba Raduly wrote:
>> Why?  Then you have to save the attachment off somewhere to read it.  I
>> much prefer Content-Disposition: inline.  You can still save it off, if
>> you want, but you are no longer forced to save it off just to read it.
>
> In contrast, when I don't want to read it, I have to scroll down
> eighty-odd pages to get to the next message in the thread.
> Perhaps there is a reason why http://cygwin.com/problems.html asks
> that the output of cygcheck be *attached* and not copied inline.

displayed inline, just that it shouldn't be part of the same multipart
segment as the original message.  The mail archiver indexes only content
in the first MIME segment, and as long as your attachment is in a
different segment, it does not add spurious hits to the archive search
engine.

If your mailer requires you to scroll through inline content before
getting to the next message, then maybe you need to invest time learning
more keyboard shortcuts in your mailer or using a better mailer altogether.