Re: git stopped working with 1.7.1

Hi Brian,

I had the same issue, lets see if my cause is your cause too.

After I've replaced(or removed!) %windir%\system32\cygz.dll with the newer
one in Cygwin, git 1.7.0.4 worked well. Perhaps I've manually copied an
older cygz.dll to there sometimes ago.....I can't remember.

Some sub-commands of git like git-upload-pack tries to load a
wrong/conflicting version of dll from somewhere.

Note that I have the registry value to allow "loading DLL from the same
directory preceding the path" but %windir%\system32 is always the first in
the PATH environment variable.

HTH

Nothize