RE: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

This is Cygwin 1.7.1

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Eric Blake
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:41 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

On 03/17/2010 03:39 PM, Roe, Kevin L. wrote:
> This appears to be related to another problem I am encountering.  I have described it in the thread "cp: skipping file 'file.txt', as it was replaced while being  copied"
>
> The same drive that has the CVS issue has the "cp" issue and the other drive has neither issue.

The problem is thus that the drive gives bogus inode values, but cygwin does not know how to detect that those values are bogus to use its fallback based on file name hashing.

Is this with cygwin 1.7.1 or a snapshot?  Corinna has done some work in CVS for various buggy file systems, but you may have encountered yet one more.

Libvirt virtualization library http://*libvirt.org