Re: Odd behavior of mintty with screen

Gary Johnson
>ÂWhen I execute screen, however, the mintty
> window immediately shrinks from 157x49 to 80x49. ÂThis shrinking
> does not occur if I maximize the mintty window before executing
> screen.

I've had a quick look, and with TERM=xterm-256color I find that screen
sends the DECCOLM sequence '\e[?3l' for putting a terminal into
80-column mode. For some reason, this doesn't happen with TERM=xterm,
so there's one workaround. Another would be to find the relevant
setting in the screen terminal.

But there is an incompatibility with xterm here. Xterm ignores the
DECCOLM sequence by default and provides a separate control sequence
for allowing DECCOLM. I'll implement that for mintty 0.6.

Thanks for the report.

Andy