Re: Setup fails with 1.7 upgrade attempt

> As to the main problem, hmmm.  Maybe if you could run it under GDB
> we might get a better look at the error.

You mean run setup.exe under GDB?  Will try it shortly, but:

> I was going to suggest you try a snapshot of setup.exe with debug
> information, but something appears to be wrong with the website, I
> couldn't find the setup snapshots anywhere.  So try it with the one
> you've got anyway, maybe it'll show us something useful.

> Also, do just verify that you aren't having some bizarre network
> problem or BLODA connecting.  What do you see if you run "wget -S
> http://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst";; in a bash shell?

First, using my browser to get to http://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst, I get
a "not found on this server" error.  I think this file might be
elsewhere.

Second, you may be right about network issues.  I've had a lot of
problems in the past keeping wget working due to constantly changing
proxies, security, etc.  Anyway, right now, wget appears totally
nonfunctional.  Here are a couple of lines copied off my Cygwin
terminal:

$ wget -S http://www.tug.org
$

This test and others tell me that wget is getting nothing at all.
Does setup.exe use wget?