Re: 1.7.1: unable to run the a bash script resides in chinese path using: c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login script.

On 02/18/2010 11:40 PM, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

<snip>

When I double click on this dos batch, I'll meet the following errors:

--------------------------
cygwin warning:
   MS-DOS style path detected:
"F:\zhaohs\Desktop\éççéåå\myscript"
   Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
"F:/zhaohs/Desktop/éççéåå/myscript"
   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
/usr/bin/bash: "F:\zhaohs\Desktop\æææç\myscript": No such file or
directory

Don't use DOS paths.

Furthmore, if I open the cygwin terminal and manually switched into
that directory to run the myscript directly, it will no problem.

Right. Because there you have a POSIX path. Well and you also have a simple path. ;-)

What should I do to solve this problem?

If you must run from a batch file, convert the path to POSIX using 'cygpath' before bash sees it.

Holliston, MA 01746