Re: Unset TMP/TEMP in profile? (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-67)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 11:32:43AM -0500, Robert Pendell wrote:
>>They are not reset but during an strace I discovered that cygwin will
>>internally default to the system defined TEMP if one isn't defined in
>>cygwin. ÂIn other words if it has been unset. ÂThis is similar to
>>linux using /tmp by default if none is defined at all.
>
> I don't know how you could come to that conclusion from reading strace
> output. ÂAFAIK, Cygwin does not treat TEMP specially.
>
> This thread certainly is a tempest in a teapot.
>
> cgf

Yes.  You are right.  I am obviously an idiot since I never payed
close enough attention here.  I'll just put my dunce hat on for a
while and leave the discussion.  I apparently completely forgot to
unset TMP as well as TEMP during my last try on the unsets.