Re: text emacs issues and solution

On 10/28/2009 1:52 AM, Kurt Harriger wrote:
I was having some trouble with text based emacs under cygwin.
The C-x C-c to exit was for some reason being interpreted as C-x C-g.
After some googling around I found that export CYGWIN=tty seemed to fix the key
sequence, however this also introduced new problems.

The problem with the key sequence only occurs in the cygwin console. You can avoid it by setting CYGWIN=tty *before* starting the console (in Cygwin.bat, for instance). Alternatively, use a different terminal (mintty or rxvt). These and other suggestions can be found in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/emacs.README (cygwin 1.7 only).

Ken