Re: Rsync hanging

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Derek Kalweit
<dkalweit@sensiblesoftware.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts? Most of the information online(list archives) about this
> are back from 2005/2006.. Did people stop using rsync on cygwin due to
> these problems, or is there a fix that I'm not aware of?
>
> Thanks.

With my workload, the Cygwin 1.7 version of rsync hangs around every
15 files during transfers.  I currently never run rsync directly and
rely on a python script to watch for rsync hangs after which it kills
the process and restart it.  The best way I've found so far is to run
it with verbose output and kill it after 15 seconds of inactivity over
stdout.  This is only really acceptable because the server I use is
mine, I wouldn't recommend doing it against a public rsync server.