Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.25-15

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 14 13:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I've uploaded a new release Cygwin 1.5.25-15.  This is a bug fix
release.

Changes since version 1.5.25-14:

- Fix a potential problem with pressing Ctrl-C in remote sessions from
  within a Windows console.  Under some circumstances a Ctrl-C keypress
  in a remote session can end the remote session unexpectedly.  This can
  happen, for instance, when running an ssh session with X11 forwarding.

On second thought, this description is a bit misleading. Actually the problem might occur in pure local circumstances as well.

What happens is that a parent process sets the console to raw mode and
then starts a child process.  When the child process starts, Cygwin
might set the console back to cooked mode without the child process
actually requesting that.  When you now press Ctrl-C, instead of just
returning the ASCII value of that control code, a SIGINT signal is sent
to the parent process.

Corinna

I notice something like this running gdb from cygwin/rxvt. I hit c to continue the program. Then I hit ctrl-c to stop it and return to gdb prompt. Instead, this would exit gdb back the cygwin command prompt. No problem like this if running gdb from a pure cmd terminal. Same thing?