Re: Cygwin 1.7 Installation on Server 2008 with Terminal Services

On Jun 22 10:07, Hortenstine, John wrote:
> The post install .sh scripts fail to run on Server 2008 with Terminal
> Services because bash crashes. Crash can be fixed using peflags and
> setting the Terminal Services aware bit on (solution found on the
> mailing list). Is there a recommended way to get the Terminal Services
> aware bit on before the post install happens?
>
> Or more generically, is there a recommended way of installing Cygwin on
> Server 2008 with Terminal Services?

Quite inconvenient, but working:

For the time being, until we have a gcc which sets the TS-aware flag by
default and most of the executables have been rebuilt with it, switch
DEP to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"
and reboot the machine.  Then install via setup.exe and use peflags to
set the TS-aware flag in all executables.

Corinna

Red Hat