Re: Optimize cygwin on recent windows version (Vista and Seven)

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:39:39 +0100, Andy Koppe <andy.koppe@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Until now I was using cygwin on Windows XP and I was satisfied by
>> cygwin-1.7 but these last few days
>> I switched to a more powerful laptop with very fast hardware (Core Duo
>> 3.0
>> Ghz and SSD OCZ Vertex)
>> and running windows Seven.
>> Now when I test cygwin, everything is so sloooooowww
>
> Not exactly a helpful problem report. In what sort of scenarios do you
> find it to be slow? Is it actually slower than your old system?

Easy just try to rebuild a true software( for instance gcc) and you will
have
one year more between the moment you start the build and the moment it's
over.
I am not kidding, if you just "play" with cygwin of course you cannot
notice
the problem.
If you like I could make some benchmark...