Re: ASLR sometimes stops working on Vista with 1.7? [was: Re: Cygwin 1.7 release (was ...)]

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 10:23:08AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>The structure is allocated right after the space occupied by the DLL
>itself, using VirtualAlloc.  I changed the struct layout so that the
>size depends on the length of the pathname to the DLL.  In most, if not
>all cases this will fit into a single 4K page.

It doesn't have to be that way if this is causing problems.  Maybe it
would make sense to store these things in the cygheap now since I think
the allocation-next-to-the-dll predates the cygheap.  If that isn't
appropriate then we could also just store the information in some
easily-relocatable block and copy that block to forked processes.

cgf