Re: emacs -nw keypad

Tim Adye wrote:
Thanks for the taking on the emacs maintenance. A new release after so long
is welcome and it looks very nice.

I have however found one problem with this experimental release 23.0.92-2:
when I run it in no-window mode (emacs -nw) in an xterm (or rxvt), the
keypad keys do not seem to be defined or mapped to emacs functions. I use
tpu-edt mode, which relies on those keys. It worked fine in emacs 21.2.1 (I
just tested on another system) and 23.0.92-2 works fine in window mode
(without -nw).

I would have said that this could be same problem as in [1], an X server bug, but then I would expect the problem to be seen both in "emacs -nw in an xterm under X" and "emaacs under X"...

Anyhow, another variable to throw in there :-)

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-03/msg00070.html