Re: [1.7]: For the love of god, don't update!

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   Forgot to say... can I see your "cygcheck -cd"?  I would have said "just m4
>> and cygwin", but maybe it's related to something else.
>
> Attached.  FWIW, I had no problems building other things, like
> yesterday's p7zip packages or today's alternatives packages.

  Grr.  Building binutils with GCC3 doesn't seem to make any difference.
Building Cygwin1.7 with Cygwin1.5 doesn't seem to make any difference.
Building with the released binutils or a more recent version doesn't seem to
make any difference.  Oh, and the debugger doesn't work.  And nothing has any
debugging symbols in it.

  If anyone has any ideas apart from 1) try an older dll 2) try the newest dll
3) try older binutils 4) try newer binutils 5) try debugging it in gdb 6) try
using gcc-3 7) try using gcc-4 8) try building the dll from source or 9) try
building an earlier cvs version of the DLL, I'd dearly like to hear them.  I'm
getting pretty bored of trying variations on those nine ideas though (14 hours
solid of endless rebuilds and absolutely zero sign of anything making the
least bit of difference).

  I'm about to use the time machine to install a completely fresh cygwin in a
vm.  Maybe that'll get things moving again.

    cheers,
      DaveK