Re: MinTTY

Andy Koppe wrote:

Okay, I'm having a go at this. cygport does look very nice indeed, but unfortunately I got stuck anyway.

So I've got the following files all in one directory:

  mintty-0.3.4-1.cygport
  mintty-0.3.4-src.tgz
  setup.hint
  postinstall.sh
  preremove.sh

Building the source and binary packages works, except for the following:

*** Warning: setup.hint is missing

postinstall.sh and preremove.sh do not get included in the packages either. The cygport README tells me that those files should all be placed in the CYGWIN-PATCHES directory. So I naively created a that directory alongside the .cygport and shuffled the three files in there, but to no effect.

I also tried copying them the to ${C} at the start of src_install():

cp setup.hint postinstall.sh preremove.sh ${C}

Alas, 'cp' couldn't find those files, presumably because it isn't run in the same directory as the .cygport file.

So my probably rather stupid question is, where should I be putting those files and how?

I worked it out, I think: run cygport prep command, copy the files into foo-x.y.z-r/CYGWIN-PATCHES, and run cygport compile, install and package commands.

Andy