Re: MinTTY

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:58:15AM -0500, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
>Gary R. Van Sickle wrote on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:26 AM:
>> 5.  It needs a regular Windows installer.
>> 5a. I'm good with Windows installers.  You want I should whip one up
>> for you?
>
>Just curious:  Why does this need "a regular Windows installer"?  Why not
>make this a cygwin package?  (I suppose this goes for PuTTYcyg et al.)

I wouldn't mind making MinTTY a regular cygwin package.  It sounds like it
would get enough votes.  In fact, if it operates like an xterm on Windows
maybe it should even be the default program that is invoked by cygwin.bat.
I think that would alleviate a lot of confusion.

Puttycyg is a different story.  I don't really feel comfortable having
another ssh implementation in Cygwin.  The call is obviously Corinna's in
this case but that's my 2c.

cgf