Re: Fwd: 1.5.25 : Win32 API function RegisterShellWindowHook not supported

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:22:05AM -0700, Tim Stewart wrote:
>Environment:
>
>   cygcheck -s shows that I'm running the 1.5.25 version of cygwin1.dll.
>
>   I just updated my system a few days ago.
>
>   I'm trying to compile some C++ code using g++.
>
>Documentation for the missing API function:
>
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644989.aspx
>
>The Problem:
>
>   The above documentation states that the function should be located
>in winuser.h but it's not.  Its related function
>DeregisterShellWindowHook is in winuser.h.
>
>   Even if I add a hand-coded prototype for this function, I get a
>linker error stating that the RegisterShellWindowProc function was
>unresolved.  That's because it's not included in libuser32.a.
>
>Workaround:
>
>   I am using GetProcAddress to access the function.  For example:
>
>      ::GetProcAddress(::GetModuleHandle("USER32.DLL"),
>"RegisterShellHookWindow");

You probably want to report this to the MinGW folks at http://mingw.org/

The focus of this project is to provide POSIX functionality.  Windows
functions are really only an afterthought and are not guaranteed to be
fully supported.

cgf