Re: cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists to merge

Eric Lilja wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The historical reasons for merging the cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists no
>> longer seems to exist so I am contemplating merging the two lists.
>>
> I am strongly in favor of merging the two lists. I was a bit surprised
> that some people think the traffic will be too intense and it makes me
> wonder how they read the lists in the first place. If they just get sent
> every message posted as an email with all threading gone, then, yes, a
> more than minimum amount of traffic will be hard to follow.
> I use gmane (and I'm sure there are alternatives) to make "newsgroup
> view" of the lists in my email-client so I get the all-important
> threading. Here's a screenshot if someone didn't know this is possible:
> http://www.bahnhof.se/wb106362/cygwin_mailing_list.png

I'm one of those in favour of keeping the lists separate, and I *do* use
gmane myself and I *do* see the threading.  (Some years ago I subscribed to
the mailing list and gave it up due to the high volume of traffic.)  So,
gmane certainly helps, but it is not (for me) a solution.  (I'm sure it all
depends on how many other newsgroups/mailing lists one follows.)

--
Will