Re: Brand new Cygwin install on a Vista (Home Premium) machine

glacken wrote:
Did you install onto an AMD or an Intel machine? My install onto an Intel
machine (Vista Home Premium) resulted in a string of messages that
cygwin1.dll was the wrong version.

You reported this already. I responded to it here:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-10/msg00593.html>

There's no reason to believe that Cygwin would generate such messages
for AMD or Intel processors.  If there were such problems, you would
either see this list full of such complaints or the problems would
have been addressed ages ago.

If you're having some problems that you want to report, I highly
recommend reading and following the problem reporting guidelines
found here:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746