Re: A $ in my path...

ProblematicRoutes wrote:
Mark J. Reed wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:34 AM, ProblematicRoutes wrote:
This $ sign causes problems everywhere - with latex, with svn, with
anything
that uses ~ to refer to my home directory, because it expands to ...$/...
and bash tries to parse the $/ as a variable.
But the workaround, if you have the privileges to do it, would be to
make a $-less symbolic link and change your passwd entry to

I will try yours and Sid's solutions tomorrow (I think they're the same idea? Correct me if I've misunderstood your suggestion!) when I'm back in the office, and hopefully they will fix the problem.

Andrew
If shortcuts don't work, here's two other ideas:

   * Cygwin mount -- mount a sane path to the problematic path
   * NTFS junction point (like a *ux soft link) -- junction a sane path
     to the problematic path