Re: libjack availability

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 09:19:05PM -0000, John Emmas wrote:
> From: Christopher Faylor
>>You didn't download libjack from the cygwin.com domain.  That should
>>have been a pretty big hint.
>>
>Prior to Dave's link I hadn't been able to download libjack from
>anywhere Christopher.  That was whole problem.  Yaakov's original link
>was to an archive on SourceForge.  I didn't realise that I was somehow
>supposed to extrapolate that a setup.ini file would be found at
>ftp://sunsite.dk

> This is the second time I've found myself having to apologise for not being
> psychic.

No psychic powers required.

"an archive on SourceForge" qualifies pretty well as "not the cygwin.com
domain".

There is no need to apologize for anything.  I'm just trying to make
this clear so that the next person who reads this thread in the archive
doesn't use it as an excuse to talk about cygwinports here.

If someone tells you to download something and the something doesn't
come from cygwin.com then it isn't officially part of the cygwin distro
and discussing it here is iffy at best.

Yaakov probably should have provided more details in his original
message but I believe that cygwinports is in transition right now and
he's probably busy.

cgf