Re: Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash - starting from scratch :-)

Marco Atzeri schrieb:
--- Dave Korn ha scritto:

Dirk Napierala wrote on 25 September 2008 09:55:

So the SFX file itself doesn't seem to cause this
problem.

  Random and wacky idea: What happens if you prepend
Cygwin's
/bin/unzipsfx.exe to the existing SFX and try
running that?

cheers,
DaveK

other wacky idea cygwin 7z is able to handle self extracting archive and 2G zip file

7z x yourfile.exe

not tested with 2G self extracting exe as Winzip trial refuse to build one
so large :-)

It is not about that we would not like to test such kind of workarounds it is more the fact they
are out of our control (you know huge company's and internal politic restrictions are limiting us very
much in implementing such a fix. We don't like it either, but that is the way it is unfortunately)

Even if this would help, it doesn't explain, why on the same system, without any other change than
switching the cygwin versions, it works with the old one and doesn't work with the current one
It is worse trying to tell somebody to change his code due to the fact that a new version of cygwin should
be used in the future.

The SFX file is called withing cygwin bash by a another (out of our control) programm
that we can not change ourself.
And as the only different on the system is, one time using the old one, and the other time the new one,
it would be hard to explain to someone to change his code due to that.

Regards
Marco

-- Oracle <http://www.oracle.com> Dirk Napierala | Senior Support Consultant