clipboard issue

I'm trying to get copy and paste working between X applications and
Windows.  I'm running Cygwin 1.5.23(0.156/4/2) on Windows XP
Professional.  When I run startx, the last lines are

  winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting
  winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting

I've searched the docs and other resources, but still can't get this
working.  XWin is being started by

  X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

Any ideas?

Thanks.