Re: Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash -- Back to the problem -- Multiple Environment discussion

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 03:32:19PM +0200, Dirk Napierala wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> Can we have one of the cygwin developers trying to reproduce our issue.
> The -- Multiple Environment discussion part of this thread seems to went
> a little bit of topic from the root cause of the real problem.
>
> Hoping for your guys understanding that we don't want to raise some
> kind of conflicts with our request and the answers to it.
> We are just seeking for help ;-)

Barry Buchbinder asked you a debugging question which I didn't see you
answer:

I believe he was just asking for a data point, not instructing you to
change your procedures.

I may be missing something (which wouldn't be surprising given the
amount of noise on this thread) but I haven't seen any details beyond
the error message.  How are the files created?  Are the self-extracting
executables cygwin executables or windows executables?  What version of
zip was used to create the files?  Have you tried a newer version?

It was also suggested that you try changing the heap_chunk_in_mb setting.
Rather than just dismiss the suggestion as you seemed to do, it would
be useful to try setting it as mentioned here:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html

and see if it makes a difference.

Also, see:  http://cygwin.com/problems.html for suggestions regarding
problem reporting.