Re: g_assertions

Thanks Dave, you put me on the right track.

This turned out to be a glitch with my development IDE (Code::Blocks).
g_assert() ends up calling g_log() which requires a pre-processor definition
called G_LOG_DOMAIN.  In my case, G_LOG_DOMAIN needed to be a string -
namely, "glibmm" (including the quote marks).

To set this up for my gcc compiler, the IDE needs to send this:-

g++ [various options] -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"glibmm\"

However, that doesn't seem to work for cygwin.  I need to set it up slightly
differently - namely:-

g++ [various options] -DG_LOG_DOMAIN="\"glibmm\""

So, probably not a problem with Cygwin.  More likely a problem with
Code::Blocks.  I probably need to flag it up to them.

Thanks again,

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Korn"
Sent: 22 September 2008 13:39