Re: slow filesystem access mc start take sometimes 1 sec sometimes upto 7 sec or sometimes more

Bernd Roesch wrote:
Hello Larry

On 18.09.08, you wrote:

I test always 4-5 times, so all that can go to cache should be in.

Is there a way of logging to see what bash do this long time ?
Putting "set -x" in '/etc/profile' will make it spit out everything bash
does.  You might spot something that way.  If you need to go further,

thanks for your good help.

it hang after the output

++ id -ng

then after 1-7 seconds the bash cursor come.
when i type in id -ng in bash then it is allways fast and print out Kein (its the german word for no) maybe the scripts dont like german words ?
I dont know wy it print out german word, the program have english help text
and is in/bin dir for cygwin.
maybe my german windows send this word ?

i find now out(test over 10 times), the hang on this command is much
shorter, when i deactivate wlan

'id -ng' shouldn't need to access the Internet. However, I did a quick Google search and unearthed this:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=%22id+-ng%22+slow+site%3Acygwin.com&btnG=Search>

Perhaps that's something to check.  Although the findings are the reverse of
what's expected from BLODA, it's BLODA just the same.  Does this fit your
case?

Holliston, MA 01746