Re: installing cygwin without internet access

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 03:55:58PM -0500, David Chan wrote:
I want to install cygwin on a Windows PC which doesn't have any
internet access, except that I can FTP files to it.?  Is it possible to
get an installation package that is self-contain?

It's still very experimental but you could download a cygwin ISO here:

http://updates.cygwinsolutions.com/*/cygwin-bin.iso

Where '*' would be the latest available directory at that site - right now
that would be 20080916-21.

If this doesn't work then it's basically a "Oh well, sorry" proposition
since this is not an official cygwin activity and I don't have a mailing
list set up to discuss problems yet, although I suppose you could send
comments to the cygwin-talk list and still be on-topic there.

These ISOs are updated hourly.

Cool!

Sorry for such a technically engaging response but I just couldn't keep it
in. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746