Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash

Hi there,

We discovered an issue  trying to open big selfextracting zip files.
Trying to do so result in the following error:

./*selfextracting_zipfile*.exe
bash: ./*selfextracting_zipfile*.exe: Cannot allocate memory

This only happens to huge files (guess above 1.5GB size)
Smaller once are working fine.

This issue happens on the current version available for download 1.5.25-15
and also with the new 1.7.0 (base-files version 3.7-1)(thanks to Volker Zell providing us this one for testing)

If we are using an older version instead (1.5.18 base-files version 3.6-1) this issue doesn't show up.
We tried the same selfextracting zip file on each of the above mentioned versions on
a Dell Optiplex GX280 with 2GB memory.

After discussing this issue with Volker Zell he mentioned to send this incident to your
mailing list.
Hopefully someone can assist us with that and provide a fix.

Best Regard Dirk Napierala