Re: slow filesystem access mc start take sometimes 1 sec sometimes upto 7 sec or sometimes more

Bernd Roesch wrote:
Hello

On 17.09.08, you wrote:

On 09/17/2008, Bernd Roesch wrote:
My cygwin have very slow fileaccsess.
We ask that 'cygcheck' output be *attached rather than appended.  See
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Given your description of the problem so far and particularly the
fact that you get slow results from 'cygcheck', which is a vanilla
Win32 program, I suspect <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

here is my full cygcheck.out attached.i use all path seeting, but as i told using only path to bin does not speed up.

on buttom is 1. Part of mail about problem.

Another thing i notice, when i use windows more days with suspend to disk,
cygwin get more slower.
then when i type ls, i notice 0.3 -0.5 sec delay.
a fresh boot speed it up so ls give no delay.

maybe cygwin is very sensible on mem fragmentation ?

but with mc commander and gc this dont help to get always same speed.

i try now latest cygwin1.dll from 15.9.2008

normaly when i start bash, it take 5 sec.

now with this lib the message soon come huh no etc/fstab file in
\??\E:\amiga\amidevcpp\etc\fstab.d\bernd?
using default root and cygdrive prefix.

You've installed the experimental Cygwin 1.7 package. I doubt that you want to complicate the process of looking for the source of this problem by working with experimental Cygwin software. I suggest you re-run 'setup.exe' from the Cygwin home page and reinstall the Cygwin 1.5 package - 1.5.25-15.

without delay is the input prompt see.
ls work, but mc cant start.

make in gcc dir work.seem not faster.
I dont know whats wrong on my system now (old libs work), i use before the
cygwin installer, i
found out, when use a Root directory diffrent to local package directory,
the cygwin.bat use as path the local package directory and so dont work.

i use then setup again and use for root directory and local package
directory same path.

also as info for you,
i have install the M$ process dumper.
 i have deinstalled logitech webcam complete, because when run, cygwin crash
often with stack error(see in ML archive).

Is there a way to get cygwin and logitech webcam working together ?
I have VC2008 install, if you give me instruction what i should test or code
add, i can try compile cygwin1.dll

Cygwin does not build with VC2008. It builds with gcc/g++. See <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin>. But the problem really lies with Logitech. You should contact them if you need a solution to this problem.

On my system the crash because of logitich webcam happen very often, when i
install logitech webcam

hope this help you to find this problem

You said before that you saw the same performance problems with 'cygcheck'. Have you tried other Win32 command line programs? Do they have a problem? If so, then this really is caused by something other than Cygwin. You also said that you've uninstalled the Logitech webcam. Did you also reboot. This is often necessary to remove all hooks of faulty software from the system.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746