RE: slow filesystem access mc start take sometimes 1 sec sometimes upto 7 sec or sometimes more

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote on 17 September 2008 17:34:

> On 09/17/2008, Bernd Roesch wrote:
>> My cygwin have very slow fileaccsess.
>
> We ask that 'cygcheck' output be *attached* rather than appended.  See
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>
> Given your description of the problem so far and particularly the
> fact that you get slow results from 'cygcheck', which is a vanilla
> Win32 program, I suspect <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

  So, please do send the full "cygcheck -s -r -v" output as an attachment; the
list of packages alone tells us almost nothing, it's the system and
environment info that you omitted that is actually the most informative part!

    cheers,
      DaveK