RE: FW: How to display Russian Cyrillic and Chinese in Cygwin Bash Console?

I was google searching for documentation and could not find much on
rxvt.org. The best documentation seems to be in the man page.

I just did a cygwin update. Are we off topic here because this is really an
XFree86 topic? I cannot figure out how to run the non-X version of rxvt but
I remember selecting it from the cygwin installation program. I'd be glad to
use that if I could make it work.

Anyway, according to the man page, there are several code pages none of
which are utf8. I was hoping to print the Cyrillic alphabet with this
program:

perl -wle "binmode STDOUT, q[:utf8]; print chr() for 0x410 .. 0x430;"

>Hi Siegfried,
>
>Install rxvt and use that instead. I believe there's a unicode package
>of it in Cygwin - it should have no trouble displaying cyrillic or
>chinese characters.

So could you expand upon this "Unicode package"? what do I look for in the
cygwin installer in addition to the rxvt packages?

I tried specifying the font "Arial Unicode MS" which contains fonts for
Chinese and Russian. It seemed to use the font but would not correctly print
the Russian alphabet.

Thanks,
Siegfried