Re: inetutils 1.5-4, ftp + inline password immediately quits

NightStrike wrote:
The only purpose of an ascii transfer is to convert text conventions (line endings, ascii/ebdcii encoding, etc). With scp, this does not happen, as scp is a drop in replacement for cp/rcp. Instead, you have to combine it with a dos2unix command of some sort to do the convesion yourself.
Or just stay in "Unix mode"... ;-)
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said, "Don't you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" I said "I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you too."