Re: cygserver 1.5.25-15 slows down logoff

> My best guess would be that cygserver receives some sort of event that
> causes it to wait/deadlock. I would really appreciate if someone could
> look into what could be going wrong.

I did some additional research. It seems that Windows in fact does send
CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT to a running service when the user is logging off.

I am now reasonably sure that this is a bug in cygserver. The bug causes
logoff event to be handled inappropriately. I am guessing
SetConsoleCtrlHandler.

The bug seems specific to x64. The problem only appears when a local
user logs off, and not when remote desktop user logs off.

I am really frustrated with logging off/shutdown taking up to 6 minutes.
Unfortunately, my knowledge of Cygwin internals is extremely limited. If
somebody could get me a good starting point, I am willing to look into it.