RE: Access problems

Zarathustra wrote on Sunday, September 14, 2008 4:03 PM::

> I'm having some problems with certain executables in my cygwin
> instalation.
> Some executables (such as xgettext)  issue an "Access is denied"
> error. Any ideea on what's causing this?

I'd wager you don't have permission to access something.

Unlike your namesake, we're not blessed with divine insight
(although Dave Korn occasionally makes me wonder), so if you want
a more helpful answer, you need to post a *much* more helpful
report:

This link is attached to every post, but I notice that nabble in
their wisdom remove it.  This probably goes some way to explaining
why a high proportion of inadequately reported problems seems to
come from nabble users.

As well as *attaching* the output of cygcheck -svr, you need to
tell us what "certain executables" are.  So we can see what it is
trying to access, you should also attach the output of running:

  strace xgettext

Also useful might be the output of the following commands:

 ls -l $(type -p xgettext)
 cacls $(cygpath -w $(type -p xgettext.exe))
 cygcheck xgettext

If you see "EACCES" in the strace output, look at the file that
was being accessed and run the following commands on it:
 ls -ld filename
 cacls filename

When including the output of commands, please use copy and paste,
and include the output *in full*, otherwise you will almost
certainly mistype something and/or miss out the important bit.

Phil

--
This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.