Re: inetutils 1.5-4, ftp + inline password immediately quits

Robinson, Paul T (NonStop) wrote:

From: Andrew DeFaria [mailto:Andrew@DeFaria.com]

Or how 'bout.... <drum roll>

scp!
Probably would not work in my case, the other end of the connection is a non-Windows box that cares deeply about the difference between ascii and binary files--not clear to me that scp makes a distinction. Also that box has a split personality (which is why we need the 'quote' command in ftp sometimes, to tell it which personality to use) and I don't see any way for scp to handle that.
Seems to me like this would be pretty easy to test...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Why is the word abbreviation so long?