Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New experimental package: gcc4-4.3.0-1

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
> NightStrike wrote on 10 September 2008 19:22:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Christopher Faylor
>> <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:

>>> Assuming it is properly packaged, yes.
>>
>> Can you define that?  I just tar up the toolchain.  I doubt that's
>> what you want :)
>
>  You need to read the package contributors guidelines on
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html
>
>  We could probably find some way to adapt the 4.3.x build to offer different
> variants; cygport makes that kind of stuff fairly easy.

Dave,

I read through that page, and it's a lot of information to take in at
once.  Where should I start?  I have tarballs of toolchains already
that are prefix-independent.  Can I just give you that or something?
At the least, can you walk me through what needs to happen?