undefined reference to '_cfmakeraw'

I am trying to run cygwin and install a program called Moast, which requires the Linux-style environment that cygwin provides to run. At least that what it says - I'm a mechanical engineer by training, so I have to admit a fair amount of cluelessness here. The error that I get just before the installer gets out of all the directories is:

undefined reference to '_cfmakeraw'

I've tried to Google the problem and searched the mailing lists, but I keep coming up with diff files that show code. I get the impression from various places that these are fixes of some kind, but I don't know what they do, where they should go, or how to implement them. Could someone give a poor graduate student a little direction? Thanks very much.

Andrew