Re: is this a bug of vim?

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:20:40PM -0400, Matt Wozniski wrote:
>2008/9/11 goooguo:
>> hi,
>>        When I open a file by ":tag indent" or "g]", vim complains that
>> "Unable to open swap file, recovery impossible", which is very annoying.
>> However, if I open a file via ":edit fname" or ":tabedit fname", no error
>> message will be issued.
>It looks to me that this is happening because your cscope.out file
>contains windows-style paths.  Is that the case?  If so, you should
>know that cygwin only supports the use of posix-style paths.  That
>being said, this patch defeats the entire point of having both a
>"short" file name (ie, the one the user used) and a full file name
>(ie, fully qualified).  So, normally, if you were to do :e hello.c,
>then sfname would be set to 'hello.c' and ffname would be set to
>$PWD/hello.c; this patch completely breaks that.
this patch is only a temporary way to workaroud for me.

>~Matt
Yes, I think cscope.out is the culprit. Vim works fine if I remove
cscope.out. My cscope utility is installed from "gnuwin32", which builds
the database with dos-type path.

For compatible reason, I install mlcscope from cygwin packages, vim works OK.

What interesting is that vim didn't issue any error message if I rebuild
a cscope.out by gnuwin32 cscope.

Thank you for your reply.