Re: How to rebase the dll when install perl packages in cpan?

2008/9/11 Jason Tishler:
> Zheng,
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:40:27PM +0800, Zheng Li wrote:
>> [snip]
>> So what can I do ? just give up the cpan's test benefits and force it
>> to install the package, which follows by a manual rebase-procedue.
>
> You can use rebaseall's "-T FileList" option to rebase DLLs not
> installed by setup.exe (in addition to the DLLs installed by setup.exe).

... and keep track of your lowest base address before the new DLL
and rebase the new CPAN dll starting with the offset from the latest one.

One could even think of releasing a CPAN::CygwinRebase module for
doing that automatically with every CPAN archlib update.
You won't even need killing bash and use ash for this, so it would
be pretty hidden behind the scenes. Good idea. Thanks!
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/