Reg: RSH on windows

thanks for the update, i tired this but not working for me it always
tell "connection refused"  no firewall enabled on my system...

please help me on this

thanks
manjunath A

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Charles Wilson
<cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm> wrote:

    Manjunatha Appaji Gowda wrote:
    > I configured the rsh on cygwin as per the
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README/

    > On Jul  4 15:05, Manjunatha Appaji Gowda wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to configure RSH daemon running on cygwin, so that
we can
    >> connect from Linux machine to cygwin prompt using RSH. If yes
please let
    >> me know the steps.
    >
    > You should consider to use ssh instead.  rsh is an inherently
insecure
    > protocol.  Just install the openssh package using Cygwin setup and
    > follow the instructions in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README.

    I echo Corinna's suggestion to use openssh instead. But, if you
choose
    to continue with rsh, I suggest upgrading to inetutils-1.5-X, which
has
    seen a number of changes, as well as improved documentation for
setting
    it up on cygwin.

    --
    Chuck