Re: New experimental package: gcc4-4.3.0-1

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I haven't tried this with the actual released compiler yet but, assuming
> it works the same way, mm I wrong or is there something wrong with this
> compiler?  The code it creates seems to be correct (and Cygwin is
> noticeably smaller) but I'd like to get rid of all of the new warnings.
> I can't get rid of this one because I don't see how to do that.

The warning is correct, technically.  When compiling strsig.cc, you want
the variable to be exported, not imported.  When compiling everything
else that includes signal.h, you want it to be imported.

There are actually two things wrong here, as I see it: one, dllexport
should not be necessary at all as the exports are controlled by the .def
file.  Two, you only want the dllimport attribute to be present when
signal.h is included by clients, i.e. outside of Cygwin, so the
__declspec should be turned off #if defined(__INSIDE_CYGWIN__).

Brian