Re: 1.5.25(0.156/4/2): Problem compiling OpenLDAP 2.3.39 due to Win XP SP3 or Cygwin?

*Ooops, sorry, I should have said: I'm using win xp and cygwin but not
openLDAP.

Mary

Mary wrote:
Worked fine for me, appart from the initial:
"rm: cannot remove `file*': No such file or directory"
which is normal. I ended up with a directory only containing your script.

Mary

Allan Schrum wrote:

I created a small script to see if I could simplify the problem to
something more easily debugged. Turns out the following script will
cause problems that should not be caused which I believe lie at the
heart of my problem compiling OpenLDAP. Run this in an empty directory
somewhere:

===== begin script =====
#! /bin/bash

let i=0

rm file*

while [ $i -lt 2000 ]
do
        touch file$i
        if [ ! -f file$i ]
        then
                echo missing file$i
        fi

        let i=i+1
done

rm file*
====== end script ======

The resulting output is:

missing file281
missing file1940

A second run resulted in:

missing file561
missing file1197
missing file1451
missing file1511
missing file1716

Obviously, this should not happen. The file system is NTFS on my laptop.
Can anyone else replicate this problem with this simple script? It seems
to be somewhat dependent upon other disk activity, but not in a
deterministic manner.

Thanks,

-Allan