RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New experimental package: gcc4-4.3.0-1

NightStrike wrote on 10 September 2008 19:22:

> Multilib support is there.  The only holdup is getting people to agree
> on pathnames for the 32-bit and 64-bit variant of lib directories (ie,
> use lib and lib32, or lib and lib64... I think someone even suggested
> no lib and just lib32 and lib64....)  It's annoying sometimes when
> it's that kind of stuff that holds up progress, but there you have it.

  Any colour will do, just so long as we can park our bikes in it :-)

  Well, that's not quite true: for the love of all that's holy, let's not
adopt the Microsoft approach of "Yeh, of course the 64-bit exes go in
system32, DUH, are you stupid or what?  We've arranged some secret directory
shuffling behind the scenes to try and help confuse you out of the mess we've
gotten us into."[*]

  ;-)

    cheers,
      DaveK