RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New experimental package: gcc4-4.3.0-1

NightStrike wrote on 10 September 2008 18:54:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.YOW> wrote:
>> Well, here it is at last.  Experimental test release of GCC 4 series
>> for Cygwin.  Please be aware that this is highly experimental; anything
>
> Dave,
>
> I've been building and releasing gcc 4.3 and gcc 4.4 toolchains to
> cross compile from cygwin to Win64 for I guess a year now.  Would you
> (or cygwin in general) be interested in that as another package to
> offer?  (ie, offering the gcc4 cross compiler)

  Well, the slightly-longer-but-not-very-long term plan is to remove
-mno-cygwin and package up a completely separate mingw cross-compiler, so it
would make a lot of sense to have either a bi-arch capable cross-compiler, or
offer a 64-bit-targeted version alongside the 32-bit-targeted one.

  Is there much in the way of local patching needed?  (I've seen you and Kai
working on the win64 target on the gcc-l, but I haven't been following very
closely.)

    cheers,
      DaveK