Re: cron without sendmail generates bogus logfile names

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> Try running the mailer script through 'd2u'.  If that doesn't work,
> it suggests a difference in the environment for the cron service
> versus your interactive shell.  Any chance you have another, Win32-
> native "date" hanging around?

Running d2u had no effect on cronlog, but I missed the step of setting
PATH in the crontab file. The system path had the offending date
program, so now that I'm setting PATH in the crontab file, it's
finding the right date executable. Thanks for you help.