Re: Octave 3.0.1 exits without a prompt, no error message

Marco atzeri-3 wrote:

> --- rmcd  ha scritto:
>
> not considering that Zone Alarm is not cygwin friend
> and that your path is a bit messy,
> I do not see on your cygcheck output
> cygfftw3-3.dll
>
> probably you need to reinstall libfftw3_3

Marco, thank you very much. I reinstalled libfftw3_3. Octave now runs.

However: on both my laptop (where octave was always running fine) and
desktop, "cygcheck octave" does not work properly. It only returns the path
to octave.exe, no dlls. By comparison, if I run "cygcheck perl" or "cygcheck
ls", I get a list of dlls. But not for octave.

I assume that the failure of cygcheck for one package is of interest. If I
can help track down why it doesn't work, I would be happy to do so. I'm not
sure how to proceed.