RE: Executable file is there but it said could not find

Maika V wrote on 10 September 2008 14:41:

> 4. Type './abc',  get message  'Could not find ./abc !'. I get the
> same message when type './abc.exe'

  What shell are you using?  Bash always says:

$ ./foo
bash: ./foo: No such file or directory

  Maybe you are using another shell?  If your report is not accurate, nobody
can correctly diagnose your problem.

> 5. Type 'where abc', it returns full path to abc.exe

  "where", or "which"?  There is no such thing as "where" in cygwin.  If your
report is not accurate, nobody can correctly diagnose your problem.

  Please run this again: the compile, followed by 'ls -la abc*', followed by
'./abc', then 'which abc', then "cygcheck abc.exe; type abc.exe ; file
abc.exe; getfacl abc.exe", and /cut and paste/ the results directly from your
shell window into your reply mail.

  Please also run "cygcheck -s -r -v > cygcheck.out", and send the generated
cygcheck.out file **as an attachment**.

  That should give us a bit more to go on.

    cheers,
      DaveK